Aerial view of Interlaken School Building 2007
(now an elementary building of the South Seneca Central School District)
This map of the Interlaken area is inlaid on the terrazzo floor of the front vestibule at the Interlaken school building. It shows Cayuga Lake, the main roads, the outline of the village, and a few other details. The map was done in 1935.
(photo by Nancy Thompson Staples, class of 1962)
Do you have any photos of the school that we may include on this page? Email them to Nancy DeMarte, webmaster, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This large silver school bell, made in 1853, had been placed originally in the Farmer Village School around 1885, then hung in the belfry of the old Interlaken High School, which closed in the 1930's.
Today it resides behind glass in the front entrance vestibule of the Interlaken school building, which is now the Elementary building for the South Seneca School District.
More information about this bell can be found in the 2005 issue of the ICS Alum newsletter, in an article by Kitty Hagerman Ritter, ICS class of 1944.